Swaddling is a natural way to keep your baby’s limbs warm and safe. It can also limit the startle reflex and suffocation from loose blankets. But, some babies are less comfortable being swaddled, so try it out to see if it’s right for your baby. Before going into the details of how to use swaddleme swaddle, let’s talk about swaddleme brand.
About Swaddleme Swaddle
Summer Infant, over the past 30 years, designed products to help make parenting easier. One of those baby care products is Swaddleme swaddle. This comfortable cloth is designed to keep the baby warm and avoid startle reflexes, which can be problematic for your baby’s health. Also, the Swaddling doesn’t need to be too tight, as this may hinder your baby’s breathing.
This product has a 0.3 tog rating, appropriate thickness, and is made to fit babies after premature birth and from seven to fourteen pounds. It is suitable for both wot and colder regions. While swaddling your baby is a safe practice, you should follow certain safety precautions.
The product comes in different sizes and can be used with or without a blanket. The swaddle can be cinched tight around the baby to make them more comfortable.
How to use Swaddleme Swaddle?
Choosing the right swaddle for your baby is a vital part of the process. It’s essential to select a suitable size for your baby and then find the one that will fit them snugly. Most SwaddleMe blankets come with a Velcro loop that fastens them to your baby’s body. After figuring out the size of your baby, you can choose the suitable material for the job that has no negative effects.
There are many benefits of using Swaddleme, few of them lie in three different early stages of childhood:
It is ideal for wrapping preemies with both baby’s arms, and when your baby is between 0 to 3 months, it can’t roll over and have a lower weight. Premature babies feel a mother-like womb when snuggled in this soft swaddling blanket.
At stage two, swaddleme helps your swaddled baby learn to roll over with a snuggle blanket and become a source of self-soothing. You can start teaching your growing infant to learn without wrapping both babies’ arms out in this stage.
Parents can also use Swaddleme as a wearable blanket for big kids and toddlers aged between 0 to 6 months. It helps in the baby’s movements, keeping them feel safe, warm, and secure freedom.
Types of Swaddleme Swaddle
To choose the right swaddle, you need to consider your home’s temperature and climate. Many swaddles are made from synthetic materials, which can cause a temperature difference and cause a baby to startle or feel warmer. Choosing a swaddle that is made of cotton is the best option. However, it is essential to choose the right size for your child.
Swaddleme Original swaddle for premature babies
How to use the swaddle me blanket? Parents can use Swaddleme Original for preemies. It is organic, soft, and gives a cozy feeling to a newborn. The SwaddleMe swaddle is made from 100% cotton and is recommended for infants from 0 to 3 months. According to your baby’s measurements, you can have these swaddle wraps in 3 main sizes. Moreover, for secure grip like a mothers womb, it has velcro loops and velcro hooks, unlike traditional Swaddling.
To read a more detailed review about Swaddleme Original, click here Best Organic Swaddle Blankets For Newborns.
The luxurious added feature of the leg pouch at the bottom is opened to allow for easy diaper changes in Swaddleme Luxe. Besides this, it has adjustable wings and an extra-wide area for leg movement. So, it is simple to use a swaddle me blanket. Therefore, this swaddleme swaddle is ideal for babies weighing between 7- and 14 pounds.
Moreover, swaddleme blanket is made with 35% cotton and 65% polyester. So, it can be ideally used for babies in winters.
New parents often don’t know how to use the swaddleme blanket. So, Parents who want to save the time of wrapping their baby can switch from the Swaddleme blanket smooth sheets to the Swaddleme Pod, with outstanding quality and softness. It provides a two-way zipper. And best, depending on your baby’s size, parents can use this pod for about six months without inadvertently affecting leg movements.
Swaddle me instructions
The product comes with instructions that explain how to wrap your baby. This should not be too tight, as it could cause your baby to be unable to breathe comfortably and inadvertently hit their leg movements.
In addition to this, the swaddle is made to fit snugly over your baby’s belly and back, making it easier for you to maneuver.
How to use the swaddleme blanket (step-by-step complete guide)
One of the few things new parents want to learn is how to wrap a SwaddleMe blanket. The swaddle helps your baby sleep easier and longer and don’t wake often. It is designed to wrap around your baby and secure their arms inside the pouch. It does not require much effort from new parents to use. It has a built-in pocket for legs, so let’s learn how to use the swaddleme blanket with the help of only a few steps.
1. All you need to do is flatten both swaddle wings on a flat surface and adjust the wrinkles in the middle.
2. Place your baby on the blanket and align the baby’s shoulders with the wrap openings.
3. Tuck your baby’s legs inside the built-in swaddleme pocket that has enough space.
4. Place the center wing up to the chest and below the neck of the baby.
5. Then tuck the left wing over the baby’s torso and fold it under the opposite sidearm.
6. Parents must secure the cloth to the top of the leg pocket.
6. In the end, wrap the right wing over the left and secure the opened tabs to the fabric patch on the left-wing.
7. Make sure the wings must be wrapped against the baby’s chest. And you must place your baby on their back to sleep to avoid SIDS.
Video tutorial about How to use swaddleme swaddle?
Swaddleme blanket with a hole in the back
And as a bonus, you can use swaddleme swaddle with bouncers and swings!
SwaddleMe blankets come with a hole in the back to use in swings and bouncers. Just be sure not to put too many Velcro loops on your baby’s body because it could block their airway. You should always be cautious not to over-wrap your baby in it.
Precautions when using swaddleme swaddle
The best way to swaddle a baby is to ensure security. In addition to keeping your baby safe, it can also encourage self-soothing.
Sudden infant death syndrome
Swaddleme swaddle can be a great way to increase your baby’s sleep quality. It is because swaddled babies are more likely to be able to roll over when they are sleeping. Wrapping with swaddleme blankets is the best way to reduce sudden infant death syndrome. So in process of learning How to use the swaddleme blanket, let avoid certain things.
Things to Avoid
Some alarming studies have suggested that Swaddling can delay motor development in growing infants. While it may not be harmful in small amounts, it can be detrimental to a baby’s health if it is too tightly bound. Therefore, you should be cautious about swaddling your baby and must learn how to use the swaddleme blanket. As an ancient method of traditional Swaddling increases the chances of feeling tense and experiencing extreme heat.
It is a good idea to take it easy on your baby. Moreover, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a swaddling blanket because it helps protect your newborn from choking. Hip deformation promotes sleep and can help prevent it from being a victim of SIDS.
Swaddling your baby is a traditional practice. There are safety precautions that must be taken to keep your baby safe. You should follow the directions carefully and always read the swaddle me instructions before wrapping a swaddle me blanket.
- Firstly, the blanket should fit snugly around the hips and not over-cinch the hips. The blanket should be kept at shoulder level when the baby is asleep.
- Be sure that the swaddleme blanket doesn’t impede your baby’s ability to breathe comfortably. You should also avoid tightening the mantle since this could suffocate your baby. You should also avoid using a swaddle too tightly.
- Additionally, the Swaddling should be accompanied by regular temperature checks. It is essential to know how to swaddle a baby correctly, and if you need assistance, consider calling a baby’s doctor.
- Babies will probably start rolling over sometime between two and four months of age, and you must avoid swaddling them too tightly. It could hinder their development or prevent them from learning new motor skills.
- Before swaddling a baby, make sure the swaddling method is suitable for your child. Keep in mind that your child’s back is the best position for sleeping and that it’s best to keep it that way until they’re around two or three months of age. So, you must consider the step-by-step guide on how to use the Swaddleme blanket.
In short, Swaddling plays a vital role in baby comfort, but parents must follow swaddleme instructions and precautions before using one. In this way, they can better provide the right swaddle for a baby to take a few naps in a swaddle area. I hope this article will be helpful to learn how to use swaddleme swaddle. Share your experience in the comment section.